The Social Media Pact
Like any good host, Ripple Street wants our guests — in this case, you our community — to always feel special and welcome. We want everyone to have a good time, so to ensure that the conversation is fun, authentic and rewarding — especially in social media — we have some basic conduct expectations. To be an active member of the community (which means you’re eligible for House Parties and Chatterbox events, can participate in contests and sweepstakes and take part in House Party social conversations) please make sure that you:
- Are in good standing with the Ripple Street member Terms of Service
- Have not violated any terms of the House Party Pact
Additionally, to ensure everyone keeps having a great time and to protect you, the members of our community, we have some baseline expectations for behavior on our channels. We reserve the right to remove contest eligibility, moderate conversations or delete remarks, comments or engagement that does not meet these expectations, which are:
- Be truthful.
- Be yourself – be authentic.
- Do not post material that is harassing, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity. Do not post words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or religion.
- It’s great to have an opinion and acknowledge differences of opinion. However, it’s not appropriate or respectful to attack others with unprofessional remarks based on these differences. When you disagree with someone exercise grace. Before you post something, ask yourself: How would I feel if this post were about me?
- Posting pornography is forbidden. You know it when you see it. If you’re uncertain about what is and isn’t pornography, err on the side of caution and don’t post it.
- Keep in mind that the Internet is permanent. Search engines and other technologies make it virtually impossible to take something back.
By participating in the Ripple Street social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube), I agree to honor this Social Pact. I also acknowledge that violating this may limit my future participation.