What are some responsible Party Tips?
When it comes to serving alcohol at your House Party event:
- Designate a bartender who can serve your guests and keep an eye on how much everyone is drinking. The Federal Dietary Guidelines define moderate drinking as no more than two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women.
- Remember: alcohol is alcohol. It’s important to understand that a standard serving of beer (12 ounces), wine (five ounces) and spirits (a cocktail with 1.5 ounces of 80-proof spirits) each contains the same amount of alcohol.
- Make sure that you provide food to complement your cocktails. Consider food pairings to enhance the flavors of your chosen cocktails: fresh seafood and breads accentuate vodka cocktails, spiced and smoked meats and cheeses complement Bourbon and Scotch whiskies, and fruit enhances rum and tequila flavors.
- Make non-alcohol beverages available for your guests as well. Create festive non-alcoholic punch for those guests who choose not to drink alcohol.
- Make sure your guests have a safe way home either through designated drivers or a taxi. Have local taxi service numbers available for your guests.
Follow these responsible party tips and you and your guests will be well on your way to a fun, safe and memorable Party Day!